How to edit this book
- To author this book you have to register at GitHub. If you already have GitHub account linked to your NCBI email, you can use this account. If not, please register at https://github.com/ using your NCBI email. We also can create an account for you.
- After you created your GitHub account, please send us your GitHub user name so we can add you to our authors team. You will get an email invitation to join NCBI GitHub organization.
How to edit the page
- On the page you need to edit, click ‘Edit’ button at the top right corner of the page. On the new page, click ‘Fork this repository to propose changes’ button.
- Edit the page. For our content, we are using GitHub markdown. You can find more details on how to use Markdown here.
- When you are finished with editing, click ‘Propose file changes’ button.
- On the next page, you will be able to get a high-level overview of what exactly has changed between your branch and the repository’s master branch. When you are ready to propose your update, click ‘Create pull request’ button.
- We will review the changes you made and merge them with the current version of the page.
- You can find more details on GitHub Pull requests here
How to add images
- To add an image to the page, open the page for editing (see steps above).
- Create a reference (link) to the image you want to add. See syntax for the image reference here. Click ‘Propose file changes’ button.
- Only users with administrators’ rights can upload images to the book. You will need to send us the image you want to upload (see contact info below). Please make sure that the name of your image is the same that you used in the reference link.
If you have any questons, please contact us